Tuesday 3 October 2023

A good listener is a healer()

 

A good listener is a healer

A good listener is a healer. 

I am a good listener. I don’t mind saying it, I know it’s true. 

I wouldn’t say I am a healer though. It sounds pretentious. It sounds like “I am special. Look at my pretty aura!” 

However, if I wear the label “astrologer” it’s actually because of my interest in the healing process of the soul, or psyche. My life has been a quest for it. I had to because I was in pain. 

I have not become an enlightened being, life offered me some moments of light. I’ve walked my path the best I could. 

I am good at reading charts, not to predict dates and events but to understand people. I am good at explaining what I understand, and I’m good at holding space. 

When I am a gardener, I don’t pull on the leaves of the plants to make them grow. I don’t use pliers to force rosebuds to open at the right time. I make sure to plant a rose where it will get enough light. I may water it if the weather becomes too dry, but I don’t do the growing and the blooming. I respect nature’s rhythm. That’s what being a good listener is about. It’s simple actually. 

Many people believe that if there is a problem, they must do something about it; they end up talking instead of listening, telling what to do instead of offering an opportunity to breathe at ease, they suggest better ways to fight against oneself instead of suggesting peace. 

My idea of astrology readings is that they are healing moments. 

Jean-Marc

No comments:

Post a Comment